November 10, 2015

Collector of Things

COLLECTOR OF THINGS

I love collecting natural objects!
Ever since I was a kid I had a box stashed under my bed full of little gifts from the earth. I truly treasured these things and felt a strong connection to the "earthiness" of each one. 
This compulsion has continued into my adult life as I have surrounded my work space with objects that inspire me, intrigue me and delight me.
I can't imagine not being surrounded with these gifts from Mother Earth!

Thanks to Holliewood Studios for her beautiful kits:

Done for Three Muses challenge - Quirky Me


7 comments:

  1. Lovely to be surrounded with your special collections, Marilyn, I used to collect shells and interesting pieces of rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marilyn, thank you to show us - the source for your endless crativity! Herzlich Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful depiction of your collecting quirk! I love the shadow boxes/ Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous I would like to collect the things you have collected if I didn't have so many things of my own...lol I love your things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm used to collect 'things' too, and the collage you've done is a great result for a hard exercise!
    It's full of poetry and sensitivity. I admire it in its details and in its composition Marilyn! You rock! :)
    I think that keeping in touch with our mother Nature is something very useful for our soul.
    (Sometimes I don't find my words in english... Sorry).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the kind of quirkiness that appeals to me, my friend (which you've illustrated to perfection). Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to put a little air under my wings. I so appreciate your observations, comments and praise. Hugs!